It’s pretty clear by now that the entire system of governments the world over aren’t working. In fact a quick skim through history shows that they never have. So what gives? When I have to try and debug a complex software system, I often find it useful to reduce the problem to its simplest characteristics. So I’ve done this for the major systems if government currently operating.
- Communism: the state takes everyone’s money and keeps it.
- Socialism: the state takes the money of the rich and gives it to the poor.
- Conservatism: the state takes the money of the poor and gives it to the rich.
- Libertarianism: the state fucks the right off, we all keep whatever money we have.
- Dictatorship: the state takes everyone’s money and gives it to one person.
Based on this analysis, it’s pretty clear that none of these systems will ever work for a significantly useful period of time. So what’s the answer? No idea, but in the meantime why not go climb a rock.